I am an assistant professor in computational linguistics at Tilburg University, in the Tilburg center for Cognition and Communication (TiCC). I’m broadly interested in the following topics:
- Natural Language Generation (NLG; e.g. image description, chatbots, data-to-text)
- Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- Evaluation and usability of NLP/NLG systems
- Ethics in Artificial Intelligence/NLP
- Linguistics, especially semantics and pragmatics
I recently defended my PhD Thesis titled “Pragmatic factors in (automatic) image description.” Let me know if you’d like to have a physical copy!