Current position & other academic roles
- Assistant professor at Tilburg University
- Board member of SIGGEN (2021-2025)
- Member of the editorial board for the North European Journal of Language Technology (NEJLT)
- Lecturer/researcher at Tilburg University (2018-2019)
- PhD researcher at the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (2014 – 2019)
- Visiting PhD student at the university of Edinburgh (September – November 2017)
- MA Linguistics (Cum Laude), Utrecht University, 2014
- BA Linguistics, Utrecht University, 2011
- BSc Cognitive Artificial Intelligence, Utrecht University, 2010
- University teaching qualification (UTQ, see here for more information)
|Language technology and its social implications||Tilburg university||2019,2020|
|Onderzoekspracticum 3||Tilburg university||2020|
|Research skill: programming||Tilburg university||2019|
|Basic programming||Tilburg university||2018, 2019, 2020|
|Methodology for Premasters CIS||Tilburg university||2018, 2019|
|Online data collection||Tilburg university||2018, 2019|
|Social Media Analytics||Tilburg university||2018|
|Introduction to Python||VU Amsterdam||2015, 2016|
See the publications page.
- Panelist at ICT.OPEN2019 discussion: “Where is YOUR moral compass in building AI systems?”
- Invited talk on Ethics in vision & language: a personal journey at the NL4XAI training event (December 1st, 2020).
I have reviewed for ACL, COLING, EMNLP, INLG, NAACL, the Global WordNet Conference, CLIN, the EvalNLGEval, Ethics in NLP and NLP-OSS workshops, and the ESSLLI student session. I have also served as an area chair for INLG2020.